Friday, January 8, 2010

Sexy singles want to meet me?

Have been busy this week watching season 4 of “How I met your Mother” on DVD. What a great show! I have honestly never watched the show on broadcast TV at any time during it’s run on CBS. A few years ago I read Lot’s of positive comments about the show so I bought Season 1 on DVD. Loved it! Later, bought seasons 2 and 3 and then got season 4 as a stocking stuffer at Christmas. It is so much better to watch the shows on DVD. No commercials, no annoying graphics advertising other shows, no local weather warnings plastered on the screen, and again……NO COMMERCIALS. I can watch a single episode in 20 minutes on the DVR. Translation: 10 Minutes of commercials on broadcast TV! Ugh! Anyway, great..great show. Soon as I am done with this DVD, I will break out the Season 5 DVD of “The Office”, another show I only watch on DVD and another one that I love.

Day Two of the arctic blast.

Area now under freezing for about 36 straight hours now.

Faucets all singing “DRIP DRIP DRIP DRIP DRIP” in harmony…

Heating system humming along, continuously, for 36 straight hours….

While “Normal” people would see the drips and humming as the signs of valuable protection against the catastrophic financial ruin of broken pipes and the need to sustain heat in the house so we don’t actually freeze to death….

I sit here with every “DRIP” and every minute of humming….and see Millions of little green dollar symbols all buzzing around the room…

I know that when the cold snap ends, and the faucets and heater get to take a rest, the dollar signs will all bolt for the door, never to be seen again….until I get the next utility bill. Then I will be sticking my head into the nearest oven as I beat myself silly for not doing the financially sensible thing which was to just go ahead and freeze to death damnit!

Colder today than yesterday. No School yesterday. School is in session today. Makes sense.

You know those annoying little advertisements that appear on the edges of almost every website you visit? You know, the ads that are supposed to be aimed at your particular demographic?….

When I was in my 30’s, I used to gets ads similar to this…..

“Sexy Ladies in your area want to meet YOU!!”

Now that I am well into my 40’s…..my ads have changed accordingly…….

“Sexy ladies in your area want to meet YOU!”

[Via http://redriverpak.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment