Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Here's To You Mrs. Robinson

I’m back from Chicago but sadly, whenever I saw a stylish gent I didn’t have my camera. But I did purchase some stylish basics that I will post later this week.

Now that Spring advertising campaigns are in full swing, one of my favorites is Tom Ford’s. I always like his simple display of sumptuous clothes but this time there is a twist. The campaign stars Nicholas Hoult and Carolyn Murphy and is reminiscent of the 1960s film The Graduate. Ms. Murphy is playing the older woman as she dotes on the young Hoult. The tan lines recall the character of Mrs. Robinson when she seduces the young Dustin Hoffman for the first time. The styling of the hair and makeup is also ’60s inspired and provides a “devil may care” attitude. The Graduate is a perfect inspiration for Ford who is known for his classic yet sexy designs.

-Nicolas

[Via http://misterhomme.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment