Thursday, September 3, 2009

Letting it ALL hang out?!! :)

I happened to glance over someones list of friends today in the midst of viewing a couple of recently posted pictures I

Sexy Pic....or something else? You decide

was asked to take a peek at and I immediately noticed a pattern.  There were a number of scantily clad women who filled the screen. So many breast prominently displayed for the camera, not just a enough to make a man think “hmmm, I wonder” but more like “Look at all that!”.  There were pictures devoid of faces, yet full of half naked bodies or the profile was taken from the back to announce “I have BOOTY!”

Now, I am all about being sexy….embracing your sexuality, being confident and comfortable in your skin, being proud of all that is yours….working what you have and I still can’t help but to wonder what these ladies want the world to know when they see these pictures.  What is it that they are seeking and will they get it?

If it is simply to gain attention and admiration, to be complimented or to generate some heat in the loins then….mission accomplished, I am sure. However; if there is an underlying hope to have meaningful conversations, develop authentic friendships built on mutual respect or to find a special someone, I am not so sure the strategy will work.  I would venture to say that the first reaction when viewing these pics isn’t “Wow, I wonder what kind of person she is. Is she intelligent, down to earth, fun to be with? What are her interest? Her likes/dislikes?”  It probably sounds more like “I sure wouldn’t mind taking her out for a test drive!” (well, lame line but you know what I mean, LOL)

I think you can be sexy, even a little seductive…without giving away the farm. When does sexy cross the line to slutty? I wonder.  The bottom line is that no matter how incredible you look in a pic, there comes a moment when you need to consider the message it may send when you have the picture prominently displayed in the virtual world where an unknown number of individuals could see it, tag it and forward it, save it and manipulate it.   There is appeal in the unknown..the curiosity..the mystery.

In the movie “Ace Ventura- When Nature Calls”;  Ace says “Just enough, but not to much…. of much too much“.  I think that is a great way to consider which pics to share online.

[Via http://beautyandbrainsbarbie.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment