Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Orientation/Welcome Week

So, since Saturday I’ve been doing the whole orientation thing at school. If you’ve been to college, you probably know that orientation is a mixed-up jumble of corny “Get to Know New People” events and really boring meetings to settle everything academically before classes.

Basically it sucks.

I mean, I don’t want to start classes yet or anything (although I do tomorrow at 9:30), but orientation can not end soon enough.

For one thing, you have to get up early and stay out late (which really isn’t that bad, but I’m a sleeper you guys). Some days we go and do stuff nonstop all day long with literally no free time. I couldn’t even find time to call my parents last night, I was so busy. But then all of a sudden you have HOURS of down time with absolutely nothing to do but stalk Facebook like Dracula stalks Transylvania. (I suppose “like Edward Cullen stalks Bella frumpyface” would be a more popular simile.)

The other sucky part is that I don’t really meet that many new people. I keep getting grouped with the same people, the Honors Dorks or whatever. Plus, I live on the same hall with these people and have the same advisers as them. In fact, a friend of mine who I had talked to a bit on Facebook and I didn’t actually meet face-to-face until we both went to an optional skit thing (that was TERRIBLE).

I wouldn’t mind so much if my free time were a bit more evenly spaced out and if I actually got to meet people. New people, not the same ones over and over again.

[Via http://zackapalooza.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment